Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Blog Changes

You may have noticed that this blog has been changing over the past month. The posts have been leaning more toward reading, history/social studies, and science, than about math and writing. While I will still be posting on these subjects, I am planning to include more posts about cultural literacy. This means that, not only will I be posting on things like Watergate and the Civil War, I will also be posting more about modern cultural references, such as movies, books, television, the Internet, and news items.

Cultural literacy is more than reading. It is having the background knowledge to make the most of your reading. Have you ever started watching a movie in the midde, so that you didn't really know what was going on? That's how a lot of people feel when they read a newspaper. One of my goals for this blog is to help fill in those gaps!

1 comment: